What Is A CCR?
What is a CCR?
A CCR is a College and Career Readiness Plan. We like to meet with each student and their guardian at least 2 times throughout 7-9th grades. The meetings last about 15-30 minutes. In general, we look at how the student is doing academically, emotionally, and socially. We evaluate and set new goals to keep the student moving forward toward their life goals. We celebrate each student's unique contributions to our school and community. You will receive an email with directions on how to set up an appointment through the myDSD system. If there is not a date and/or time that will not work for you, please call NDJH Counseling secretaries at (801) 402-6508 to schedule a convenient time. It is our goal to meet with as many guardians as we can.
7th grade CCRs take place in September. We meet with the 7th graders in a small group or individual meeting during their CCA class. We meet with the 7th graders first so we can check in with them and see how the transition from elementary school to junior high is going.
We talk about friends and teachers.
We discuss getting involved in school clubs.
We review their academic goals.
We check on their grades.
We set new goals.
We look over their College and Career Awareness forms.
This CCR really helps the counselors get to know each student a little better.
8th grade group CCRs take place November through January. We meet at this time so we can make sure students understand that next year is high school. We also pick out classes for 9th grade.
- We evaluate their goals and grades
- We set new goals
- Discuss High School Graduation Requirements
- We fill out their 9th grade course request cards for next year
9th grade CCRs take place beginning in April and May. We like to meet at this time of year to help students with the transition into 10th grade. We look over the courses they picked for next year. We look over the student's grades and credits.
- We review and set goals.
- We discuss career choices and courses that support those career choices.
- We begin discussing college requirements.
- We will share some web sites that are helpful in choosing a college.
- We have information on different programs that might lead to scholarship opportunities.
- We discuss summer school and making up graduation credits if needed.
This CCR is a critical meeting to ensure students are on track for their sophomore year of high school.