Welcome to the
North Davis Jr High
We are here to assist you.
New student registration by appointment only.
Please contact the counseling center secretary to schedule an appointment.
Office 801.402.6507 Fax 801.402.6513
NDJH Counselors are dedicated to helping our students achieve the college and career readiness skills essential for high school and post high school goals. Education is key to each student's future, and we want to make sure every student makes the most of the opportunities that North Davis Junior has to offer.
NDJH Counselors follow the Utah State Office of Education guidelines of Comprehensive Counseling and Guidance Program. The three areas of focus directly related to students are: Individual Planning, Guidance Curriculum, and Responsive Services. Below we have listed the variety of services provided to students, parents, and school community.
Our Areas of Focus:
Each student is unique. NDJH counselors provide all students opportunities to learn and reflect on their personal and academic goals by providing:
- Small group College and Career Ready information presentations for all grade levels
- Individual appointments with all 8th and 9th grade students and their parent/guardian to discuss individual educational and career goals.
- Counselors are available to meet with any student/parent upon request.
Counselors present information in group and individual settings. Counselors also help organize events that allow students to explore and develop personal/social, life/career, and academic/learning skills. This curriculum includes:
- For all grade levels
- College and Career classroom activities for all grade levels
- Why Try and character education (social skills, goal setting, academic improvement, etc.
- Grade specific
- 7th grade - College and Career Awareness lessons
- 8th grade - GEAR UP opportunities; Junior Achievement City
- 9th grade - future high school open house events
Students are encouraged to visit their school counselor at their own discretion. We also encourage friends, teachers, administrators, and parents to refer students who may benefit from counseling services. Collaborating with parents, teachers, and community members, we can better ensure all students receive the support they need. We are available in our office throughout the day to help parents and students with any concerns, which may include:
- Grief and Loss
- Personal/social issues
- Academic concerns